It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. E.E. Cummings
You are braver than you believe, Stronger than you seem and Smarter than you think. Christopher Robin
If you can make a girl laugh you can make her do anything Marilyn Monroe
A girl can wait for the right man to come along but in the meantime that still doesn't mean she can't have a wonderful time with all the wrong ones. Cher
Beneath the make-up & behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world. Marilyn Monroe


Monday, May 2, 2011

TKE girl for life!


Congrats to my TKE girls for making sweetheart tonight!!
I love you guys && you have been an amazing help to both me && the TKE chapter of MTSU!

Meag McCann - "Scarlett"
Ashley Ramsay - "Bubbles"
Annie Meier - "Beaver"
Mckenzie Price - "Roxy"

Some fun TKE facts:
Founded January 10, 1899 at Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, IL
MTSU's Sigma Omicron chapter is celebrating it's 21st birthday on May 5th, 2011.
Famous TKE's have ranged from Ronald Reagan to Elvis Presley and Les Paul to Willie Nelson.

Colors: Cherry Red && Pearl Gray
Jewel: Pearl
Flower: Red Carnation
Official Bird: The Eagle
Symbol: Equilateral Triangle
Mythological Ideal: Apollo (The Greek god of music && culture)
Adopted Luck Symbol: The Horse Shoe
Motto:
Love, Charity, and Esteem; Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character.
National Founders:
Roy Atkinson, Clarence A. Mayer, James C. Mcnutt, Joseph L. Settles, && Owen I. Truitt.
Philanthropy: St. Judes & Alzheimer's Association

The Creed:
  • To believe in love and loyalty to my College, my Fraternity, my Country, and my God.
  • To believe in the worthiness and dignity of my fellow man, and judge him solely upon his personal worth and character.
  • To believe with fidelity in the traditions and ideals of my Fraternity, and upon my sacred honor, to uphold them;
  • To believe in the constant search for truth, and through it, to seek the goal of wisdom;
  • To believe in the life based upon integrity, justice, sincerity, patience, moderation, culture, and challenge in order to serve as a responsible, mature member of society;
  • To believe in the cardinal principles of Love, Charity, and Esteem and to use them to guide my life;
  • To Believe in my Fraternity as a brotherhood of gentlemen in perpetual quest of excellence as a way of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment