It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. E.E. Cummings
You are braver than you believe, Stronger than you seem and Smarter than you think. Christopher Robin
If you can make a girl laugh you can make her do anything Marilyn Monroe
A girl can wait for the right man to come along but in the meantime that still doesn't mean she can't have a wonderful time with all the wrong ones. Cher
Beneath the make-up & behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world. Marilyn Monroe


Saturday, January 8, 2011

It Must Be Love?

It's as if I woke up one day to realize I love him. It's a weird feeling and it's hard to explain when you aren't with him. It's a situation that I keep myself in expecting different results and continuously walking away from burned. I don't, and I really haven't ever expected things to "work" with us, I just wanted them to and I moved on what I presumed was pretty easily when they didn't in the end. But the truth is, I didn't move on. I stepped back and put myself in my new role. I made myself become the best friend I could be for him. I attempt to be supportive and there to listen and always around to pick up the pieces and to be honest I'm pretty freakin' good at being that friend. The hard part of this for me isn't being his friend or knowing that we aren't together... It's about admitting that I am not completely over him and that I love him. I can't be with someone new or open up to someone else unless I admit to myself that I loved him and I accept it and deal with those emotions. It's funny how I came to my official admission... I had seen him with other girls and I had the twinge of jealousy but that didn't make me think twice at all. It was when I saw him with someone far better for him and I realize that that is what he needs and deserves... That is when I realized that I cared about him in a way I had never cared about someone before. So while there have been boys since him and I'm sure there will be more... This is me admitting I love someone and I am not ready for a serious relationship until I get over this person.
I gotta let my spirit be free
To admit that I'm wrong
And then change my mind
Sorry but I have to move on...

No comments:

Post a Comment