It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. E.E. Cummings
You are braver than you believe, Stronger than you seem and Smarter than you think. Christopher Robin
If you can make a girl laugh you can make her do anything Marilyn Monroe
A girl can wait for the right man to come along but in the meantime that still doesn't mean she can't have a wonderful time with all the wrong ones. Cher
Beneath the make-up & behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world. Marilyn Monroe


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What I wish I had known... [part two]


  • Your friends don't have to agree. If you like him, you like him.

This one took me awhile. I like approval... alot, but sometimes you have to go with what you think over what your friends think. You will not always agree with your friends about how attractive someone is or if he acceptably weird etc. && that is okay. They don't have to agree but if they are good friends they will support you. That being said... Your friends may tell you someone isn't good enough for you or is treating you badly. Listen. Take into account you may be missing something due to your feelings. Pay closer attention and see for yourself.

  • 8:00 am classes are the devil.

Unless you are a superhero you will skip your 8:00 am class. I promise. For me 9:40 classes are perfect. It's still morning so I'm not wasting my day but I am not pushing myself to do something I know I wont.

  • Never take a class with a teacher whose name you cannot pronounce.

I don't care if it's the only time to fit your schedule. Take the class next semester. If you can't pronounce their name chances are you can't understand their english. You will struggle && probably fail.

  • Go to every activity on campus freshman year.

ESPECIALLY if you do not live on campus. Go to the activities no matter how dumb they sound. You will meet your best friends there. You will find new interests and I promise you wont regret the few wasted hours.

  • College is not the dating game.

You may find a boyfriend and date them all of college and fall in love and get married... But chances are you wont. You may never date and that's okay too. Chances are you will "talk" to a million boys, date a couple and find someone serious at the end or after college. Don't stress. College isn't about finding your husband. It's about learning what you like, don't like, can't live without && can't live with. The boys you meet will teach you lessons, break your heart, and be your best friends. Don't let it get to you. Learn from it all.

1 comment:

  1. I can completely agree with your first point! So many friends told me they didn't like my last boyfriend when I started dating him. Well now he's my husband and all of those friends realized that their first impressions of him were wrong. If I had listened to those friends, I wouldn't have the life I do now and I love my life, my husband, and my beautiful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete